Delta Quadrant on Steam

Thursday 26 March 2015

The start of my Steam Greenlight Adventure

I am lucky enough to have my greatest best friend Rudi from Ye olde geeky blog help me with the $100 for my Steam Greenlight activation. So my game is now in the greenlight process.

I used an article on Gamasutra’s - How to get greenlit in 5 days as a reference or guide. More focus on pictures than a bunch of intimidating or boring paragraphs of text. We'll see how well this approach performs... I will provide an update on my stats each week here on my blog.



I assume the voting ratio for a turn-based and rogue-like game will be lower compared to action or first person shooter. This is not a popular genre in my opinion.

Putting my game out there and making it available to the public is scary. I can already feel a tiny bit of rejection from all that no votes. What will other people's opinion be about my "baby". But it is just that an opinion and I will remind myself that a lot of people leaving feedback have no idea, what it takes to create a game.

This quote also helps me - A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him. - Sidney Greenberg

I did receive two wonderful comments:

 
My game is now also listed on IndieDB, where anyone can download a demo of the game for Windows, Linux and android.

This is going to be an exiting adventure and I invite you to take the journey with me.

Till next week

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment