Delta Quadrant on Steam

Saturday 4 April 2015

Trying to publish to Desura and Steam update

With the steam greenlight slowly on its way I decided to start publishing to other markets also. I decided on Desura after seeing that they are being used by other indie devs on humble bundle and indie royale bundels and so on.

But for the life of me I cannot find a way to upload my game to them. I read through their guides and goggled for answers, but there is no clear guide with screenshots of the process. For example take a look at http://www.desura.com/how-to

There is only one screenshot on that page and it doesn't even look the same on my side. So I am totally confused as what to do. This "MCF create wizard" is nowhere to be found. I have sent them an email, informing them of my confusion.

Hopefully next week I will be able to provide you with an update on another place where DQ can be bought.

Steam greenlight update:



I have to say I hoped for better results, but it doesn't look like a lot of people are interested in this type of game. I am thinking of creating some "heavy casual" games. Games where you don't have to really think, just do. Some match 3 games or one click/touch games. Very basic and straight forward time wasters.

But I did get some great new comments:


Happy Easter

Till next week

Jayson


No comments:

Post a Comment